3 Things You Should Know About Perimenopause
Perimenopause is the time leading up to menopause, when the ovaries gradually stop producing eggs. This can happen as early as in your late 30s, but most women experience it in their 40s or 50s.
Here are three things you should know about perimenopause:
- The symptoms of perimenopause can vary widely. Some women experience no symptoms at all, while others may experience a wide range of symptoms, including hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, fatigue, vaginal dryness, and difficulty sleeping.
- There is no one-size-fits-all treatment for perimenopause. The best treatment for you will depend on your individual symptoms and preferences. Some women find relief with lifestyle changes, such as exercise, stress reduction, and a healthy diet. Others may need to take medication, such as hormone therapy or antidepressants.
- Perimenopause is a natural part of aging. It's important to remember that perimenopause is not a disease. It's a normal transition that most women go through. There are things you can do to manage your symptoms and stay healthy during this time.
If you are experiencing symptoms of perimenopause, it's important to talk to your doctor. They can help you determine if you are in perimenopause and discuss treatment options that are right for you.
Here are some additional tips for managing perimenopause:
- Get regular exercise. Exercise can help reduce hot flashes, night sweats, and improve mood.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating a healthy diet can help you maintain a healthy weight and reduce your risk of osteoporosis.
- Get enough sleep. Getting enough sleep can help reduce fatigue and improve mood.
- Manage stress. Stress can worsen perimenopause symptoms. Find healthy ways to manage stress, such as reflexology, simple yoga, meditation, or spending time in nature.
- Talk to your doctor. If you are experiencing severe symptoms, talk to your doctor. They can help you find the best treatment for you.
Perimenopause can be a challenging time, but it's important to remember that you are not alone. There are many resources available to help you manage your symptoms and stay healthy. Read on to find out two ways you can learn more about this transitional time.
If you're a perimenopausal woman seeking moments of tranquility, self-care, and renewal, please read on.
Embrace September: A Month of Self-Care and Renewal Emails
This transformative series is designed to guide you through a September filled with self-care practices tailored to your unique journey.
What's in Store:
For the next 30 days, I'm inviting you to receive a daily email, each one focusing on a different self-care practice. These practices are carefully crafted to nurture your body, mind, and spirit. From reconnecting with your breath to finding serenity in nature's embrace, every day offers a new opportunity to prioritize yourself.
Why Embrace September?
September's energies are a perfect fit for introspection and renewal, ideal for perimenopausal women, who deserve moments of ease and self-focus. This series is about integrating self-care seamlessly into your life without adding any stress.
A Glimpse of What's to Come:
Before you decide, here's a sneak peek at Day 1:
"Reconnect with Your Breath." This practice allows you to find tranquility through simple deep breathing, grounding yourself in the present moment.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
To receive your daily self-care snippet and embark on a month of rest, restoration, and regeneration, simply click here to join in.
Here's another way to get support from me:
Join me for the upcoming Perimenopause Workshop!
This unique workshop is specially designed for women in the peri to post-menopause stage and beyond. You'll learn about the perimenopausal transition from me, and get hands-on experience making your own rejuvenating skin balm and luxury facial oil led by Keri, an award winning soap and product maker.
I will discuss the symptoms of perimenopause, how to manage them, and give some tips on how to transition through this change with grace and confidence.
Keri will show you how to make your own balm and facial oil using natural ingredients that are beneficial for women in the perimenopausal stage.
We also include a mini teach on hand and face reflexology that you can then take home and practice whenever you need some calm.
This workshop is a great opportunity to learn more about perimenopause, connect with other women who are going through the same thing, and learn how to take care of yourself during this time.
Book your tickets today!
The workshop will be held on Saturday 14th October 1pm til 3.30pm. To book your tickets, please visit Keri's booking page HERE.